Tuesday

The Blues

Unpublished
Performed

THE BLUES

I got the blues so bad my soul lays open and bare
I got the blues so bad as I lie here waiting for someone to care

I got the blues so bad Holly Golightly is telling me there the mean reds
JD Sallinger is standing to catch me if I fallout of bed
Munsch is painting my sorrow, Bessie smith crying for my song
And Maslow screams at me to try and explain where it all went wrong

I got the blues so bad that I'm keeping Cadbury's Nestle and Smiths going
The radio constantly plays Isaak and Floyd,  Dylan and Lennon and Cohen
My eyes burn red for the tears that they have no longer to cry
A heart of stone calls out for feeling, for emotion, that it may fly

I got the blues so bad my head is thudding like a funeral drum
All I can focus on is the warm embrace of death to come
The Parlor is booked, the church on stand by, the worms hunger
As my life continues to spiral out of control, pulling me under

I got the blues so bad my soul lays open and bare
I got the blues so bad as I lie here waiting for someone to care.

No comments: