Tuesday

Sleepless Soliloquay


Unpublished: Exception Facebook.

I can't sleep...

I don't know where you are
     Who you're with
          What you are doing

Every noise is you returning
     Sweeping me into your arms
          Reassuring me that everything is OK

Creaking doors
     Footsteps going past
          Each noise is you

Then it's not

Once again I am left all alone
    Frightened
        Unable to sleep

I don't know where you are
     I don't know what you're with
          I don't know who you're doing

Is that your scent I can smell on the pillow...
    Mingled with a perfume that's not mine...
          WHAT ARE YOU DOING AND WHY AREN'T YOU HERE?

Being with me...exhausting
     stealing each others breathe...tiring
          collapsing in each others arms...  sleeping

I can't sleep... is that your footsteps I hear?

No comments: