Tuesday

For one night only

Unpublished.

I see you now upon the stage
Shattner-esque your diarrhoea rage
You say things now as if emotion
Is your muse now from you fled

I remember when I first saw you
Thought "There's an arse I can bite into"
And heard your words of childhood lost
The beauty of you soul come across

A few drinks later, a few smokes more
We did the verbal dance of phwoar
Insults half meant, comments barbed
Designed to make you very hard

Smoked some more, almost drunk
Back towards your bed we slunk
Clothes fast shed, inhibitions too
As you showed very nicely what a tongue could do

A moment of beauty cut short by health
As airways closed from polluting stealth
Me gone at daylight for funeral, a friend...
And your past comes to finish what I would not end.

You spread your version of the truth
Knowing those lies, so uncouth,
My ears they may never reach
But indiscretionsa lesson teach

I learned to never trust a man
To never let them see heart's plan
A lesson learnt one hurtful night
Of love, of sex, of wrong, of spite.

No comments: