Tuesday

Tears Of A Clown


Unpublished: Exception Facebook

I can't stop crying and

all I want to do is hug you

to wake you from your slumber, hold you close

to feel your head rest against my shoulder

to grasp your hand in mine

and smell that unique scent which is you



the tears blur my vision

still I  can see the beauty of you

so small and perfect lying there asleep

wrapped up with teddy hugged close

two little black eyes watching over you

sharing your dreams and nightmares



how such perfection came to be

in the life of one so flawed

pure light captured and made whole

and all I can think of is the need

to hold you  to hug you  to embrace you

to let you know how much I love you



slowly I turn around and walk away

knowing sleep is what you need now

not mummy just teddy and rest

in the morning we'll hold each other

you'll laugh at our reflections in the mirror

and I will fall in love with you once more

No comments: