Tuesday

Fashion

Unpublished

FASHION


Coldness the fingers of early morning mist
Slowly penetrating the dark fugue of memory
I stretch myself out feeling the emptiness return
I envisage the colors you use to hide your inner black
I feel the stiffness of your linens, the cheapness of your top
We are the children that the goddess Luna has embraced
We, who shun the absurdity of those who walk with Sol
We, who you draw back from with the fear of ignorance
It is we who pity you and your hiding
You draw your ideas from Vogue, your attitudes are Cleo
You ignore comfort for fashion, style over substance
In your lemon, your limes, your pinks and your peaches
You think it suits your peroxide and henna mentality
Your failure to accept others on appearance alone
While clinging desperately to an ever-changing world
A world offering no hand holds, just 50% off
And at one point your integrity sold, your intelligence bargained
You become the droids and clones of our brave new world
Now you only change your clothes, your hair, your colors
Your only inconsistency lies in appearing as different
So, alone, once more I shut my eyes and beg for Morte
 Once more I strive to escape from your fashion,
From your hatred of that feeds off others souls
As you strive to get a better grip on the latest fad.

No comments: