Tuesday

Penfriends

Unpublished

PENFRIENDS.

I suck on the end of my pen drawing the black lid between my lips
Like a lover I lost to another  Like the only friend I have left
I play it's plastic smoothness across my tongue Remembering his hollow kiss
Infrequently neurosis creep onto paper While I continue to suck on my pen
Listening to music long ago bastardized by a Nescafe ad   Metallic taste on lips
Spilling pretensions onto paper Grasping the pen ever tighter
The soul mate I never knew   The dearest friend  in the process of dying
Struggling with sight, vision fails Candle gutters wax drips down
Viewing the red run over the paper bloody quill in one hand
Tears of blood like Steven's fall   alone again, chewing on pen
Discarding the remains Choosing another
I slowly draw him to my lips   Beginning again
Sucking on the end of my pen   Hoping to god Ink doesn't stain.

No comments: