Tuesday

Depression: Through the eyes of a child


Published:  Coffee Addicted Mummy  (With permission.)
http://coffeeaddictedmummy.blogspot.com/2011/08/talk-about-our-postnatal-depression_22.html

"Sometimes the broken goes all the way through."  (Working title)

My Mummy gets sad
She cries all the time
No hugs can fix her
Not even mine

She looks in the mirror
Then she gets grumpy
She groans and she moans
About being all lumpy

Then there are times
When she crawls into bed
Snuggles under the blanket
Pulls them over her head

I crawl in there with her
And give her some love     (Not sure about this line... )
She whispers "You're an Angel
Sent down from above."

My Mummy gets angry
About being tired and sad
It doesn't take much
For her to get mad!

I tiptoe around her
Hope not to be seen
But it's not always like that
Sometimes she just beams!

We giggle and tickle
Roll around on the floor
We dance and we sing
These times I adore

I don't understand
Why she gets upset
Why one day she laughs
At the floor being wet

The next time she mumps
She grumps and she groans
She's not nice to be 'round
I wish she'd leave home!

"This house is a mess!"
Pick up your toys!"
She shouts and she screams.
It's a frightening noise!

Sometimes the broken
Goes all the way through
And the ouch can't be seen
By me or by you

My mummy she loves me
And I know this is true
She can't help feeling
All stormy and blue

When she is happy
The sun seems to shine
A million times brighter
And I'm glad that she's mine.

No comments: