Tuesday

The Monster Underneath The Bed


Unpublished: Exception Facebook

The monster underneath my bed
Will not come out, until, he said
I apologize for
Upsetting the monster behind my door.

I'd like to know how it is mean
To say a monster's looking green?
I didn't know he's really pink
I mean what am I to think?

The monster underneath my bed
Stole my blue and yellow ted
He tells me that I should say
"Forgive me" right away

To the monster behind my door
As he's been feeling very poor
Apparently he ate some honey
Now he's acting very funny

Monster said I shouldn't worry
After I have said "I'm sorry."
he will give Bear back to me
He will set my teddy free

Till then it's getting lots of hugs
From a purple thing who eats bugs!
I asked if I should talk to Door
Or if I could do something more?

Would he like a nice new hat?
Or a chocolate covered rat?
The monster underneath my bed
Thinks it would be easier instead

If I just said it nice and clearly
That Door would think it very nearly
Like those things had not been said
Then Monster'd go back 'neath my bed.

So Mr Door I must say
I didn't mean to ruin your day
By calling you the colour green
I understand how that might seem.

OH DEAR! I think I hurt him more
He's coming out from 'hind the door!
What's that?  You'd like a little kiss?
And that will be the end of this?

I hope your feeling better quickly
And I'm sorry that you're sickly.
So Mr Monster on the floor
And to the one behind my door

I have just one last thing to say...
Can you both come out now to play?

No comments: